Dat PS Triple...

So after years and years and years and years and years of contemplation I didn't end up buying a Playstation 3. 

However, under this year's Christmas Tree was indeed a PS3 (or the promise of one materializing soon!) and so soon after, with a touch of anxiety, I began setting up the monolith (in it's slimmer state).

The idea of another console both excited and frightened (well frightened isn't the right word, but hey, drama) me. On one hand we have a brand spanking new console ready for me to explore how the other side lives (Xbox 360 gamer for most of this gen) and on the other hand, I have a brand spanking new console ready for me to collect another pile of games I won't come close to finishing. A common dilemma met by people in my situation (wife, kids, work etc...). I considered at first, simply taking advantage of it's BluRay player and being done with it. But that's not right. That's not fair.

God of War 3
Hopping on eBay any thought of exploiting it purely as a movie player were promptly tossed on the ground, head stomped, arms popped off and discarded viciously within a heartbeat. God of War Saga was staring back at me. I nodded and hit the Buy It Now button. Not only is this a series I had wanted to, and had no way to, play for a long time but it now came all in one pack complete with it's PSP iterations all for well under $50. Looking a little further at other games I was interested in, I was impressed to find these as part of a collection or trilogy pack as well. Buy It Now and PayPal had a good workout that week.
Resistance 3
Now here I am, awaiting the arrival of a fair stack of games that I had been longing for throughout this generation of Playstation for a fraction of the price it would have cost if I had bought it on release. And while I probably won't be able to get through all of them for a good while, I don't quite mind considering the price. I'll just take my time and ride this wave of PS titles I missed out on till the next generation.
Killzone 3
So, in the end I am glad that Sony punch was packed under that tree. Grabbing a console at the end of the development cycle for your current main console may feel like you've gone to the 'dark' side if you've been a fanboy of the other console (which I wasn't btw, totally wasn't... I just love the Halos!!! argh...), but damned if it isn't tasty reaping the benefits of holding out.

Games I purchased include:

- Killzone Trilogy
- God of War Saga
- Resistance Trilogy
- Silent Hill: Downpour (I know, I know... but I'm a Silent Hill fan, need to check it out)
- Heavy Rain

I have a couple in mind if I ever get through these (including Uncharted), but if you have any other PS3 exclusives that you think I should grab, drop me a line in the comments. Appreciate it!

No comments: