Sleeping Dogs is Amazing


That is all.

I just... I just can't contain my feels for it. I was making fun of it when I started playing and then... and then I don't know what happened. It somehow activated my triad gene and everyone was my brother and I had to avenge their deaths and I just... I REGRET NOTHING!

Beware, this blog post does have a few vague spoilers for Sleeping Dogs. Also, late Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, readers and friends!

I just can't explain how amazing this game is to me. I've always been a fan of those Hong Kong martial arts cop movies. You know, the ones that all have the same story line and a young undercover cop who finds out the law really isn't that cool and some aspects of the triad aren't that bad. I ended up getting so attached to some of the triad guys like Winston and his fiance/wife Peggy, Ricky, Uncle Po and Jackie Ma.

Goddamn it Jackie, why did you have to be so adorable like a puppy. He was so annoying at first but then his loyalty won me over and then... and then...

Ahh... I can't speak of it, it hurts too much still. Sleeping Dogs just hits you hard with feels sometimes. Like, after a big devastating event, you have to get in your car and drive to dispense some sweet, sweet revenge. But it's raining, and you're driving alone at high speeds and this melancholy song is playing and you are remembering everyone who has died by the hands of your enemies. How you won their loyalty and how you went through so much crap together that you actually became brothers. You had each others backs. Now they're gone. And everything just hits you so hard. Then finally, the anger seeps in. That white, hot anger that makes you want to drive a chainsaw through your arch-enemies' head. This is what Sleeping Dogs did to me. This is really what it did. You can ask my boyfriend who has watched me play this game right though.

I was screaming in terror. I was screaming in horror. I was screaming mad. For most of this game I was Wei Shen. I felt what he was feeling, I got angry at the people he got angry with, I felt loyal to who he was loyal with. This game is just amazingly written. All the characters were beautiful. Even the ones you hate- especially the ones you hate. They were written and acted so well that you actually hated them, and it's okay because you're supposed to.

It has been so long since I've played a game and felt that it was complete. Sleeping Dogs starts amazingly and wraps up nicely. If there was no sequel, that's fine. I wouldn't mind if there was one though, if it was just as amazing.

I know that some people were really disappointed with the game, but Sleeping Dogs for me was just amazing. Purely amazing. And every time I hear this song now, I want to sit in a car and just sob for a bit. Is that sad? Maybe that's a little bit sad. Hahaha.


"You were my best friend man. That means more than a boss. you know?"

2 comments:

Lizzie said...

I'll have to try it!

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.